It’s that time of year for each department in the College of Science to choose an outstanding staff member (classified staff or appointed professional) to be honored by their department at the annual College of Science Staff Excellence Awards Event which will be held from 9-11 am on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 in the SUMC South Ballroom.
Is there someone you feel performs his/her duties with an extraordinary degree of pride and reliability? Someone who always comes through? Someone who goes the extra mile! If you feel a classified staff/appointed professional in your department meets the following criteria and is deserving of this honor, please nominate that person. Eligible CBC Staff Members
The nomination will require 2 supporting letters, one of which must come from the department head OR the nominee’s supervisor.
Criteria to consider in the supporting letters (please include examples in your letters):
· Performs extra duties substantially beyond those normally assigned.
· Performs other roles when the department is short-staffed.
· Volunteers to serve on a department or University committee and contributes to its success.
· Has developed new work methods that reduce waste or stretch resources.
· Makes creative suggestions that save the department time & money.
· Provides services to others that are beyond assigned responsibilities.
The following people are ineligible to receive this award:
· Those who won this award in the previous two years. In CBC this is Mark Yanagihashi & Ken Nebesny, who received it in 2018 & 2019, respectively.
· Faculty, Postdocs, Graduate Students, and Student Employees
Please submit all nominations by 5 pm on Thursday, March 5, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Ellie Warder.
Friday, February 14, 2020Home