The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is complying with social distancing directives during this difficult time, as your safety and well-being is our top priority. Consequently, the 5 buildings housing Chemistry and Biochemistry employees (Chemistry, Marvel, Chemical Sciences Building, Koffler, and Biological Sciences West) are locked 24/7, and employees are working remotely. Here is some helpful information on how to contact employees during this time:
- If you have questions regarding CBC courses, please email the Teaching Support Office (TSO).
- Undergraduate students needing to talk to an advisor should email the Undergraduate Advising Office.
- CBC's Purchasing, Travel & Reimbursement (PTR) team is continuing to place orders and process reimbursements. FSO is allowing scanned receipts for reimbursements for now, but please hold on to the originals as you will need to turn them in to FSO once we return to the office. Please find our Reimbursement Request Form with our other forms on the CBC Home Page > Departmental Resources. If you would like to send original receipts to PTR now, their mail tray is now located in Old Chemistry, Room 104. Please email the PTR team if you have any questions.
- The CBC RSS Facilities (EPR, Keck Imaging Center, LESSA, NMR, and X-Ray) are open and available for training, assisted use and unassisted use with mitigation strategies in place. The CBC RSS Shops (machine, glass and electronics) are open and taking projects by email or phone contact only. Please email the manager of the area to find out access restrictions, required precautions, and available services.
- As our buildings are locked 24/7, all orders are being shipped to the Old Chemistry Building, where someone is available to accept deliveries M-F 8 am to 5 pm.
For the most current information from the University of Arizona, please visit the UArizona COVID updates webpage.
- For information pertaining to re-entering campus for work, research, and teaching purposes, please see the Departmental Re-entry FAQ.