Your gifts can continue to fund our scholarships; fund postdoctoral fellowships that bring youg, innovative researchers to campus; endow chairs and professorships that will attract and retain faculty members who have earned national distinction in their respective fields; and gifts that can be used in a multiplicity of research endeavors by enabling researchers to freely test new hypotheses and conduct pilot studies that serve as catalysts for major funding proposals.
Click here for a List of Existing Gift Accounts.
The following areas have been identified as our highest priorities. Gifts to CBC may target one or more of these areas or they may be unrestricted.
- Outreach - To provide chemistry "magic" shows at local schools as well as summer science camps for middle school students
- Student Scholarships & Fellowships
- Departmental Fund – Graduate recruitment, undergraduate support, seminar, faculty/staff advancement, retreats, etc.
- Awards - Student, faculty, and staff awards for performance and service
- Faculty – Endowed Chairs & Professorships
- Unrestricted Gifts – To support department functions, staff, faculty, and/or student endeavors
Ways to Give
Credit Card Donations Online
All contributions to the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry are processed through the University of Arizona Foundation’s secure server and are tax-deductible subject to the limits allowed by the Internal Revenue Service. If you want your gift to go to a specific priority or an existing gift account, please add that Scholarship or Award name to the Comment section of the online form.
Mail in Donations
To make a donation by mail, please complete and print the Give Today by Mail form and return it with your gift. Please make your check payable to the University of Arizona Foundation/Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry. Your donations are tax deductible in the year given.
The University of Arizona Foundation has a professional staff with tools and resources available to make the process of planning significant gifts to The University of Arizona either during your lifetime or as part of an estate plan. Details on the Gift Planning process are available on the University of Arizona Foundation Website or more information can be obtained from:
Cheryl Tomoeda, Director of Development