- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Advising
- Majors, Minors, Degrees & Course Guides
- Transfer Evaluation
- Tutoring and Student Resources
- Undergraduate Research
- Getting Connected
- Scholarships and Funding
- Awards, Recognition, & Highlights
- Graduation and Beyond
- Get Admitted to Medical School
- Jobs and Careers
Galileo Circle Scholarship
2012 Scholarships for CBC Undergraduate and Graduate Majors
The Galileo Circle is a society of individuals whose support is critical to the continued excellence in the sciences at The University of Arizona. Annually, funding from the Galileo Circle is set aside for student scholarships in the College of Science.
In 2012, the following Chemistry and Biochemistry undergraduates and graduate students were awarded $1,000 Galileo Circle Scholarships:
Logan Ahlstrom (Grad) - Cusanovich Memorial
Nabila Brabez (Grad)
Alayna George Thompson (Grad)
Steven Gunawan (Grad)
Dmitry Khuseinov (Grad)
Hsiao-chu Lin (Grad)
Gail Willette (Grad)
Mowei Zhou (Grad)
Kristin Bratton (Undergrad)
Aubri Carman (Undergrad)
Robert Soto (Undergrad)
Aeen Asghar (Undergrad)
Alice Cai (Undergrad)
Jonathan Ferng (Undergrad) - Selected by MCB
Eric Hansen (Undergrad)
Scholarship Criteria for 2012
- Currently declared as an Chemistry & Biochemistry Major (students graduating in May 2010 were also eligible).
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- Completion of at least one semester of research experience.
- A completed Galileo Circle Scholarship Information Form;
- A personal statement (one page maximum; include current research interests and future goals);
- A resume (including education, honors/awards, grants/scholarships, research experience, professional affiliations, publications, community service); and
- A letter of support from a College of Science faculty member.
An application for 2013 will be provided as soon as it is available